As a winner of the most prestigious business award in the world, The Queens Award for Enterprise, Kenney brings a lot to the table.
During his multi award winning career Kenney has worked for some of the world’s best known brands including Gillette, United Biscuits and The John Lewis Partnership. His consultancy work has included major projects completed for Jewson, The Co-operative Group and Westfield Health. But it is his work with smaller businesses that gives him the most satisfaction.
To quote Marketing Week when a guest speaker and panellist at the International NPD in Food & Drink Summit:
“Combining delivery and functionality in packaging to provide a convenient consumer experience and ensure the product leapt off the shelf, outselling a leading brand 2 to 1 in store trials, Kenney shares his experience launching a new functional product to tackle power brands with a minimal budget”.
AREAS OF EXPERIENCE
- Manufacturing and distribution
- Advertising & Marketing
- International development
- New product development
- Brand development
- Start-ups and scale ups
- Trade marketing and joint ventures
- Retail consumer goods
- Travel & accommodation
- Wellness sector
- Outdoor pursuits
- Building industry distribution
EDUCATION AND TRAINING
- GCSE O level
- Richmond College of Further Education, Retail Distribution
- Joint venture with the travel division of The Co-operative Group. Start up growing from 3 employees to 16 within two years with three offices in Spain and one in Cyprus.
- Took a cottage industry business from a turnover of £600,000 exporting to 2 countries to £6 million exporting to 62 countries in four years.
- Set up U.S. subsidiary of UK business from scratch to $2 million turnover in under two years on minimal budget.